A bit about the role
Antler’s engineering team is growing and we are now on the hunt for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of the Antler Engineering global team.
About Antler Engineering
Antler Engineering is a small but dynamic software engineering team inside Antler.
Firstly, we aim to build the world's best platform and community supporting early-stage entrepreneurs. A platform that will massively increase a founder’s chance to successfully build their business by giving an unfair advantage and bringing together a global community of hundreds of founders.
Secondly, with such a large number of founders and companies comes the unique opportunity to generate insights to structurally improve investment decisions and what support can make founders successful.
Thirdly, we will build the backbone and infrastructure that will allow Antler to function at scale and manage a portfolio of hundreds of companies effectively.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone passionate about building experiences which engage our users. You’ll be analytical and detail-oriented, but also able to take a more strategic view and provide feedback around the overall direction.
We use the latest tools and frameworks, so flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to learn are paramount.
You will be experienced in delivering high quality code using a similar tech stack to below. Previous experience with the Google Cloud/Firebase product suite is highly advantageous, as is a keen interest or experience in working with startups.
Perhaps you have already cut your teeth as a Software Engineer in an early-stage startup. Or, maybe you're a self taught pro.
Our tech stack
We use React, TypeScript, Node.js, and Google Cloud/Firebase (Auth, Firestore, Storage, Functions, Cloud Run, etc).
A bit about you
You love and believe in people. You know that the founding team is the heart of a startup and is ultimately responsible for an early-stage company's success. You thrive in creating beautiful designs and new product features and are excited that they will be used internally and externally for Anterites and Founders across the globe.
Your love of people radiates. You will possess exceptional leadership and relationship skills and will thrive in connecting with and supporting Antlerites with technical support across the globe.
Problem solver and detail oriented
You have a curious mind. You can problem solve in seconds. You know the devil is in the details and know your way around a tech stack. You take pride in your work and the projects you’ve worked on.
Grit, drive and execution
You have the ambition and inner motivation to reach for extremely big outcomes and the perseverance to address, problem solve, and find solutions to complex operational challenges. You are not shy of being independent with a laser focus on execution and results.
You believe in being open and honest. You are a clean and concise communicator able to deliver complex. You are able to motivate and lead with a team and a larger community.
We have a one team approach. We win together and take risks, acknowledging this means backing and recognising each other’s efforts and offering support when needed.
Why you should work with us
We are all here to make a difference in the lives of founders and building companies that are solving real world problems. Joining Antler should be the best work of your life, and you should love what you do every day..
We are here to help people build the defining companies of tomorrow.
Antler is a values-led team and by joining us, each day, you will live by these principles:
- Put founders first - We obsess about making our founders successful
- Build our people - By developing each other we build leaders that define the future
- 100% ownership - No excuses - own up and get it done
- Best idea wins - We are a meritocracy - the idea matters, not who had it
- Don't tread water - Move fast and deliver high-quality results
- Disagree and commit - We can debate fiercely - but when the decision is made we commit and execute
- Uncomfortably ambitious - We set improbable goals and meet them
- Do more with less - Any cent spent is spent on the right thing
- Give back - It’s not a zero-sum game - when all give back, all receive more
What We Offer
- Flexible, in-person or remote working arrangements
- The opportunity to get in at the ground level of a growing team with opportunities for progression, according to your skills and interests
- Work with some of the latest technologies and innovate on a daily basis
- Learn from the global Antler team about VCs, investment, and startup ecosystem on other topics with regular booster sessions and through the broader Antler network
- Great team environment and interaction with founders on a daily basis
Attractive remuneration package with competitive salary plus carry in the fund