Aon's Center for Innovation & Analytics (ACIA) is currently recruiting a Senior Data Engineer to join our Health Analytics team in Singapore.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
- Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 150 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
What The Day Will Look Like..
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on healthcare data and innovation initiatives
- Collaborate with a team of experienced actuaries, data scientists, developers and business experts to deliver on Aon’s data, analytics and reporting capabilities
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of a scalable data pipeline architecture from ingestion to transformation to storage to consumption across various applications
- Focus on an efficient approach to design, allowing for agile and robust development to meet ever-changing business needs
- Contribute to the design of our data lake and the development of all data assets and downstream warehouses/marts
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data into downstream analytics tools and reporting solutions
- Implement automation wherever possible to streamline the process, minimizing the need for manual intervention
- Assist in database performance tuning and data lifecycle management
- Develop and integrate an automated data validation and quality control mechanism throughout the pipeline
- Problem solve complex issues and work to create elegant, simplified solutions
- Maintain up-to-date technical and operational documentation
Skills And Experience That Will Lead To Success..
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years in-depth experience in working with a relational database system (eg. MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation
- Some experience in a programming language (eg.Python ,C#)
- Experience building data pipelines that ingests various types of data sources into a database or data lake and populating a structured warehouse or data mart
- Fluent in both complex SQL query performance tuning and database performance tuning
- Experience in Apache Spark/Databricks, Python/Pandas, R/Tidyverse and large file processing and analytics data pipelines
- Knowledge of data security and privacy practices and regulations, including data access controls and de-identification and protection of sensitive data
- Proven ability to convey technical information successfully to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Quick and eager student of new technologies as and when they are needed
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
- Experience in BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) is an advantage
- Experience working with medical and prescription drug claims data is an advantage
How To Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. Please upload your resume in PDF format.
How We Support Our Colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
NB. Dependant on regional requirements, please include specific benefits where applicable and relevant accommodation criteria and enhanced equal opportunities statement.