Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering, within the Data Hub organization, the senior He/She is responsible for the creation of intermediate views, turning raw database tables from various source systems into end user interpretable views. He/She will be responsible for the flow and traffic of data and ensuring availability as well as reliability of the database views for the data analytics platform. He/She will also be responsible for the number of users accessing the database and securing the sensitive data stored in the databases.
The data hub engineer is required to have strong technical skills in both SQL and Python.
Interpret and define a common understanding of raw data from various source systems
- Understanding the semantics of different financial industry data from different systems
- Able to define and rationalize a common way of interpreting data from different systems into a common model
Design and build intermediate database views to facilitate common understanding as well as easy data access
- Communicating with different parties in the spokes with different requirements and coming up with a common model design that fits the needs
- Building and improving methods of data access to allow hubs to minimize the amount of data preparation required for analysis
- Automating process of data refresh to scale up data analytics with minimal human intervention
Implement and perform high level data quality checks on source data
- Investigation into data issues reported by various parties on the data analytics platform to determine root causes
- Creation of automated scripts to validate and check status and quality of data loaded into the data analytics platform
Perform design, tuning, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of data hub owned / managed views.
- Support of the change requests / problems on the views owned by the data hub engineering team
- Management and maintenance of the access controls of the sandbox and views created by the data hub engineering team
Implementation of coding best practices
- Code reviews to manage the code to be deployed on the data analytics platform
- Integration of Dev Ops release processes into the data analytics platform
- Guidance and coaching of junior members of the data hub engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology or Engineering
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and any computer programming language
- Familiar with the principles of agile methodology
- Familiar with finance industry data and corresponding data models
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eager to learn and experiment to pick up new skills/knowledge and can adapt to evolving needs/requirements
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, is pragmatic and enjoys high energy levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to complex demands in a diverse culture
BOS - Finance