About The Team
Cake DeFi’s Business Intelligence and Data Engineering team is on a mission to build a robust, scalable, and resilient Data Platform by leveraging efficient tools and technologies, for data producers and consumers to identify everyday opportunities through data-driven innovation.
The team is entrusted to engineer a next generation data platform, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity to develop a modern data platform from scratch. If building world class tools and technologies which can scale to handle large data volumes excites you, then we’d love for you to be a part of our exciting journey. This team will never stop learning, innovating, and expanding so that we can build the latest and best tools and technologies for Cake’s continued success.
About The Role
Data Engineers in Cake get to work in a challenging, fast paced and ever-changing environment that will push you to grow and learn. As a Data Engineer, you'll work very closely with the Product/Business and Engineering team to build efficient tools and technologies to innovate on how data is effectively used at Cake. You would empower users to solve/address complex problems using data in a truly self-serve mode.
What You’ll Do
- Design and define data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modelling, metadata and security
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing data platforms including migration
- Build, deploy and manage big data tools with solid devops functions. Be able to manage CI/CD pipelines
- Streamline data access and security to enable BI analysts and engineers to easily access data whenever they need to
- Developing automation framework using programming languages such as python/scala and automate the data workflows such as ingestion, aggregation, ETL processing etc
- Maintain and optimize the performance of our data analytics infrastructure to ensure accurate, reliable and timely delivery of key insights for decision making
- Run Modern high performance analytical databases, with Solid understanding of distributed computing, and be able to build out scalable and reliable ETL pipelines and processes to ingest data from a variety of data sources with high performance analytical databases and computation engines like Spark, Presto and others
What You’ll Need
- A degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or other related technical disciplines
- 8+ years of experience working in related areas with deep technical abilities in data management products/technologies
- Proficiency in SQL and deep understanding of DWH architecture and data/table formats such as parquet/json/csv in distributed data processing and storage systems
- Good experience in handling large data sets and working with structured, unstructured data, prior experience with Redshift or other MPP systems is a must
- Good experience in building nifty data pipelines using tools such as Glue, AWS Data pipeline or similar
- Knowledgeable on cloud systems like AWS, Azure
- Good experience with programming languages like Python, Scala, Java and scripting languages such as bash
- Excellent communication skills, to act as an effective liaison between platform engineering, DevOps and BI teams
Good To Have
- Deep understanding on databases and best engineering practices - include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding how to scale, addressing continuous integration, knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning and ensuring a deterministic pipeline
We want to transform and decentralise finance with tomorrow’s technology. This is where you come in. Join a company that is at the forefront of bleeding-edge innovations in blockchain and DeFi. You will be empowered to push boundaries and think out of the box. You will get to work with a bunch of ridiculously motivated and talented people. And most importantly, you'll have fun. The best places to work at, are often also the most fun to work at. That's us.
We hire based on merit, fit, and strong alignment to our culture. Our culture is defined by 7 team principles: Integrity, Resourcefulness, Ownership, Meritocratic Decision-making, Customer Obsession, Radical Candour, and Passion. These 7 principles guide our company, our people, and our work. At Cake DeFi, our culture is our pride. It has been instrumental to our success, so we are steadfast in our commitment to it. We welcome you to add to it.