We are growing our Data & Analytics team in FSO and now is an exciting time to join us on this journey. We are looking for Data Engineers who are passionate about technology & data with financial services experience, to join our diverse team. Whether you are a Consultant at the start of your career through to Manager looking for your next role across the whole breadth and depth of Data & Analytics, we would love to talk to you.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ability to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Responsible for developing batch ingestion and data transformation routines using ETL tools or other ingestion techniques
- Responsible for developing real-time ingestion and data transformation routines using Kafka and similar technologies
- Responsible for migrating data from legacy data platform to cloud data platform
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
- Keep track of trends, patterns, and correlation in case of complex data sets.
- Be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle, including strategy, road-mapping, architecture and implementation to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career.
- Configuration and coordination of data pipelines across projects
- Data pipeline development, including Azure Data Factory, AWS Kinesis, Spark
- Migration and transformation of large complex data sets from legacy systems like Teradata to cloud platform using Azure tools and other ETL tools like DataStage (ideally 5+ Years)
- Data and Reporting Platform development on environments using technologies such as Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, Teradata, PowerBI or Cognos
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Strong problem solver, someone comfortable to challenge the status quo
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading-edge best practices
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Good understanding of financial services industry
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Minimally 3 years of relevant experience. Preferably at least a year of experience in the consulting industry.
- Understanding or even practical experience of handling and manipulating semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Deep understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches available.
- Experience with one of Java, C# or C++.
- Hands-on experience with HiveQL.
- Familiarity with data ingestion tools such as Kafka, Flume and Sqoop.
- Knowledge of hadoop related workflow/scheduling tools such as Oozie.
- A strong background in coding with possible experience with Python, SAS, SQL or R.
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory or Talend) OR open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in data and analytics approaches such as data mesh.
- Previous experience working with data, data environments, databases, large data sets possibly in a consulting environment
- Ability to deploy, manage, and administer Hadoop-based components.
- Ability to design, build, install, configure and support Hadoop-based applications.
- Experience with investigating and handling data quality issues.
- Understanding of data modeling (ER models) techniques.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What We Offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.