The Data Engineer plays a key role within the data warehouse team in developing data warehouse system, working closely with stakeholders from multiple lines of business (LOBs).
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Participate in different aspects of developing a data warehouse system. Design, develop, test, deploy and support scalable and flexible data warehouse system that can integrate with multiple LOBs
- Liaison with Product, Business, Design and Engineering stakeholders to take well defined requirements, build a solution and deliver it on schedule
- Design and implement scripts, ETL jobs, data models, etc.
- Provide horizontal, organisational-wide visibility through metric measurements and insights regionally across different functions and teams
- Uphold best practices with respect to change management, documentation and data protocols
- Identify system and application metrics, develop dashboards and setup alerts for metrics and thresholds
- Participate in technical and product discussions, code reviews, and on-call support activities
The must haves:
- Bachelor degree in Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- At least 1-3 years of experience developing Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- Sound knowledge of data warehousing concepts , data modelling/architecture and SQL
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Scala or Python
- Team player who can liaison with various stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with relational as well as NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with Stream processing technologies such as Kafka, Spark streams, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning & query optimization of data warehouse systems
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc. would be nice to have
- Ability to drive initiatives and work independently
- Understanding of performance, scalability and reliability concepts
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.