We are looking for a client facing Data Scientist with at least 4 years of hands-on experience building Data Science solutions. The candidate is expected to be very hands-on with building and deploying Machine Learning applications using programming languages like Python and R and should have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight and good judgment.
The candidate will be working directly with the client working on a number of Data Science use cases. Below are the candidate’s responsibilities:
- Understand the data ecosystem and the infrastructure in place for Data Science projects
- Build end-to-end Data Science models with minimal or no supervision
- Mentor and guide other Data Scientists on the projects.
- Ability to understand the business use cases and build models.
- Work with Internal teams and external clients to identify opportunities or help solve business problems and challenges.
- Work with the offshore Data Science and manage the team
- Contribute to HCL’s thought leadership by writing papers and knowledge nuggets
- Be involved in HCL’s solution design for innovation and be a champion in this space
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience building Data Science solutions
- Bachelor's / Master’s / PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related field preferred OR equivalent professional experience
- Experience writing SQL codes for data exploration
- Experience writing efficient codes in Python for feature engineering and building predictive models
- Sound knowledge of various machine learning algorithms like Decision trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, XGBoost, deep neural networks etc.,
- Experience working on text data building NLP models
- Knowledge of building interpretability into the models to explain outcomes
- Ability to build end to end pipelines to deploy models
- Knowledge of using Spark APIs for R and Python to work on Big Data
- Hands on Experience working on any cloud technologies would be desirable
- Experience building dashboards using QlikSense
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to varied requirements
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail