Rakuten Web Search is a crucial business in Rakuten's global eco-system. We are a fully functioning web search engine team with products on multiple platforms including websites, extensions and mobile apps. Our mission is to provide an enjoyable search experience to all end users.
As a Product Manager at the Rakuten Web Search, you will work together with a team to develop and improve the following web applications:
- Search result page (PC, Mobile)
- Web search top page (Portal page)
- Advertisement system
- Browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
- Mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- KPI report batch program
- Incentive system
- Work closely with business stakeholders in Japan to make and execute a superior product vision, roadmap and ROI.
- Add value to the business by engaging in development projects (requirements analysis, design, testing/verification, operation/maintenance, KPI management, Product support).
- Work closely with the tech lead and other engineers to achieve project outcomes.
- Communicate with stakeholders in English and Japanese.
- Understand business needs and user behavior, and develop solutions to those needs.
- Capture improvement points based on our KPI and create/execute improvement plans.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area
- More than 2 years’ experience in a software company (any role).
- Experience in writing spec documents such as Screen Transition, UI, Input Validation, Error Handling, Data Definition, and Data Flow.
- Experience in analyzing KPIs using Domo, SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics etc. and taking corrective actions to ensure the product meets targets and forecasts.
- Capable of understanding and executing product strategy and roadmap as a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to build strong working relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and guide team members to establish positive working relationships and achieve goals together.
- Strong skills and experiences to develop quality assurance plans and procedures.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with document tools such as Confluence.
- Experience in design, development and operation of large-scale, high-traffic applications.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and Japanese.
- Experience working for/with a Japanese company.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Familiar with ad/marketing solutions.
- Work experience with a remote team.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.