- Based in Singapore and named one of the Best Companies to Work for in 2020 by HR Asia
- Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in AP for over 60 years.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
In this role, you would be part of a global cloud engineering team focused on engineering of AWS and Azure platform where application teams will build their apps.
What You Will Do
As member of the cloud team, Cloud Services Engineer will be responsible for
- Engineering and Management of AWS & Azure platform to stay current with internal policies & procedure and advancement of the platform to support current & emerging business needs
- Partnering with existing enterprise IT organization to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure / data center environment.
- Implement automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Driving infrastructure as code and configuration management
- Developing and maintain SDLC documentation for the platform and its capabilities
- Actively participating in promoting best practices through community of practice and learning sessions
What You Must Have
Education Minimum Requirement
- B.S. in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field a plus
Required Experience And Skills
- 5+ years of experience in IT field
- Min 3 years’ experience supporting AWS or Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of networking, operating system fundamentals (Windows and Linux), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Experience with service configuration management, deployment and continuous integration tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins, ARM, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a global team environment
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Microsoft Azure or AWS Certification
- Experience with development and light-weight applications, scripts, and services
- Strong Code Development skills with PowerShell, Python, Terraform
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
What We Look For
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
To be considered for this position, please visit our careers site at www.msd.com/careers and search for R118043
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.